[From 10$/Pg] Using Medical Terminology 2
Using Medical Terminology 2
It is very helpful to use the new words you are learning in the context they will be used. It helps you relate the terms to their meaning. The technique allows you to build upon what you already know. Each week you will practice using the new words. Add as much as you can to your discussion posts so you can obtain feedback from faculty and peers on whether you have it correctly.Exemplar: 6 y.o. male presented with likely gastroenteritis. C/o nausea without emesis, diarrhea, flatulence, and eructating. Denies rebound tenderness, r/o appendicitis. No pyrexia, but anorexia for two days.Definitions:Gastroenteritis:Nausea:Emesis:Diarrhea:Flatulence:Eructating:Appendicitis:Pyrexia:Use medical terms in a short paragraph of your creation.Include the following aspects in the discussion:
- Choose three medical terms from chapter 5 ( Achondroplasia,Hydrathrosis,and Osteomalacia)three from chapter 6 (Contracture,Dermatomyositis and fibromyalgia syndrome)
- Each paragraph should be long enough to ensure the term is used with as many other medical terms as possible (see exemplar)
- Each term should pertain to anatomy and physiology
- Underline each term and place definitions for each at the end of the initial discussion post (see exemplar)
- Discuss peers’ posts, were the terms used correctly?
- Cite any references. At all times proper grammar, sentence structure, and spelling. Copy and pasting are not allowed. Always use your own words.