[From 10$/Pg] Residents ’ Attitudes Toward
- Describe the Elizabethan Poor Laws of 1601 and how the laws affected the treatment of children.
- Identify two ways the treatment of children has changed since the Elizabethan Poor Laws.
- View the Hernandez Family video, located in the Learning Resources, and explain how the responsibility of the social worker to protect the rights of the child can be applied to this case.
racia, E., & Herrero, J. (2006). Perceived neighborhood social disorder and residents’ attitudes toward reporting child physical abuse Links to an external site.. Child Abuse & Neglect, 30(4), 357–365
- Parton, N. (2011). Child protection and safeguarding in England: Changing and competing conceptions of risk and their implications for social work Links to an external site.. British Journal of Social Work, 41(5), 854–875.
- Convention on the rights of the child Links to an external site., Sept. 2, 1989, 1577 U.N.T.S. 3. Retrieved from http://www.ohchr.org/en/professionalinterest/pages/crc.aspx