[From 10$/Pg] Identify Possible Educational Opportunities
Begin with a health history related to your work as a doula:
- What is their general health like?
- What has their health been like during this pregnancy?
- Do they have any concerns regarding their health that may impact your care?
- Allergies? Phobias? Many people are afraid of needles in particular.
- Do they have a history of emotional problems?
- What health practices do they have (this includes diet and exercise)?
- Describe previous pregnancies and births?
- Questions that the client has about birth/labor
- Their goals for this birth
- What role they would like a doula to play (you can present them with the handout you made earlier on what a doula is)
- What role their spouse, children, or other support persons may have
Lastly, identify possible educational opportunities that you would address at other meetings